Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
transit suez canal
dereck
Posted: Sunday, March 6, 2011 7:19 PM

Have any one transit suez canal in the last 4 weeks ? Thanks Dereck
Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, March 6, 2011 9:18 PM
Yes I went through there 2 weeks ago, Red sea to Med. It is all funcitioning normally. Usual cigarette stuff but otherwise ok.

Richard
Posted: Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:51 PM

Went through a month ago and it was just the same as ever , cigarettes and the usual bribes to speed things up
Meesa Egypt
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:38 AM

Hi Dereck , Suez Canal is running normally we are suez canal Yacht agent and many yachts transiting suez canal , its normal and safe 100 % With regards to all comments I have seen regarding cigarettes !!!! I know there is many open mind and well educated crew and they must ask them self Why was revolution in Egypt ? 1- poverty 2- unemployments 3- democracy thats why some poor moring people they ask ships and yachts for cigarets of course its wrong , but if you look to the salary of suez canal mooring people monthly almost 100 USD amonth ( one hundred USD per month !!! ) this mooring people have families ! how to pay for their families ! Egypt will go better and better because after revolution succeed all Egypt will change to the best , have you see the egyptian during revolution on CNN OR BBC NEWS OR France 24 ? the whole world is proud by Egyptian people for what they done for their country . did you know that uk and usa want to educate their people at US and UK schools about this revolution in Egypt so they know how people in Egypt loves their country . I promise you within one to two year suez canal is getting better and no body will ask any ship for cigarettes anymore ! by the way , i was captain one day , people ask for cigarettes also in china , turkey , malta . please just think why it happens ? we all onboard getting good salary but we do not think about others and why they ask for cigarettes ? we all humans and we live in same world . kind regards Meesa Egypt www.meesayachts.com Suez Canal Yacht Agent email : info@meesaegypt.com

Average 0 out of 5