Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Chef Assault!!!
Heather
Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 2:30 AM

My husband and I recently took a job as a Chef/Stew Team. The Chef before my husband got fired after 6 weeks on the job for lack of ability. When the x-chef flew home from the Bahamas he was arrested by the Bahamas police for assault on airport security. We just got off Christmas/New Years Charter and went out, ran into the the x-Chef who got fired 6 weeks ago. My husband went to talk to him and ended up being punched out with 2 black eyes and was down on the the floor. The X-chef sent us an e-mail to say he broke his hand when he punched my husband in the the face and is suing for lost wages because he can't work with a broken hand. (Note: he hasn't had a job since he got fired from our boat) We have no legal notice, police are not involved, how should we proceed?
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 3:17 AM
With your heads held high, if the chef was sacked and then started assaulting people then he must have a problem..
Henning
Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 5:53 AM

Same as in the US, pick up a 20 rock and offer it up to some crackhead to kill him....

Tara Phelan
Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:35 PM

It sounds like the x chef has a problem with the who ever hired or fired him, not your selfs I would put it down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but if that happen to me and my partner I would have called the police and had his arse put in the cooler....... I would also name and shame the x-chef so other yachts do not hirer a violent unstable person...
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 5:44 PM
forget the police if it s outside of the u.s , you want to put this to bed for good right? then the best place for this is to tell all in the yachting game , post his name anonymously here , then spread the word like wild fire amidst your yachtie friends on different yachts , as soon as he word is out your only chance of ever seeing the jerk again is in a potato farm in idaho. don't forget to post his name and tell all on the neptune site too (daywork 123) that should get him decomissioned for good in yachting unless he goes through a name change and ofcourse and attitude adjustment.
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:58 PM
Ok, so why did your husband approach this chef, was he expecting a firm handshake or something. Clearly the guys is unstable.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:48 PM
Post his name.....you are only doing the rest of us a major favor. Call him out on the carpet in front of the whole industry!!! Why are you protecting him after what he did???
heevahova
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:02 PM

That would be a fun hearing, legally you have no jeopardy , in my opinion. However I think that the unfortunate chef just barley crossed the line with the gesture, He must have been like who are you? oh ok BLAMMO! He met your husband and your husband met the floor.. Leave him alone and i think he'll cool down with his rhetoric. You have the job, concentrate on that issue.
captcary
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:15 AM

As a captain I would like nothing more than to find out who it is so I don't get stuck with him. But, you have to be careful about what you say about people in print. If you don't have video proof than he could sue you and win. Right now he shouldn't have a chance. Remember this word " allegedly".
Jon
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 6:24 AM

By him sueing your husband he is also admitting to assault ocassioning actual bodily harm which carries a 5 year max prison term (in Australia) i doubt he would do that therefore sounds like an idle threat,i would just ignore him
andrew graham
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:11 PM

Sounds retarded to me. how can he sue when he is claiming to have hurt his hand while assaulting your husband? you dont need to do anything until the cops speak to you, and even then he's still in the wrong. what are you worrying about? as for nameing him.. just ignore the loser and move on, spreading bad words about people will only make yourself look bad and as low as he is.

Average 0 out of 5