Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Letter of Initial Assessment for MEOL
Tristan
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 9:26 PM

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all well and working hard. I am looking for some advise. I have completed the AEC course and have studied Industrial Maintenance - Electromechanical Engineering for 3 years. I was told I could apply for the exam in other to get a MEOL License. Has anyone done this before? What were your procedures? Did it take long? Much appreciated. Tristan
Brian
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:25 PM

Hi Tristan, The best route to find out what to do in your situation is to go onto the MCA website and read MGN 156(M). its a 32 page document that covers what is needed to get what you want. Basically you must send in all relevant sea time and engineering experience, qualifications etc and get an letter of initial assessment which will then tell you exactly what is required of you. Its a long & expensive path but very much worth it in the long run so go for it.
Tristan
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 1:57 AM

Hi Brian, Thank you for your advice. I am have done that and had now to have my qualifications translated as I did them in Portugal. However this was quick. Now its up to an Engineer than is going to evaluate my qualifications and he will say whats next for what I understood. This will take 6 weeks. Thank you once again. Tristan

Average 0 out of 5