Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Nurse Required
Daves714
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 4:27 AM

HI Dr Ken, I am planning a 1 yr voyage with a few port stops as necessary. I have a 120 ft specialized yacht. No smoking is permitted, very minimal drinking will be allowed yet of course we will do our share of fishing, jet skis, and scuba. Should I spend the expense/quarters needed to have a nurse on board? I much prefer not to have to have this older unattached woman on board yet as we all know accidents do happen and if someone needs to be stitched from a cut and we are far from port which is likely , it reroutes the whole trip. What is your suggestion and what kind of experience to I need from a nurse and what kind of salary would she command? Thank you.
Henning
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 10:42 AM

I routinely stitch wounds, give injections, relocate the odd dislocation, clean up coral wounds on pummeled surfers... There are various training courses crew can go through and medical kits that include phone/radio services to doctors. The reality is, that you should not be seeing any major traumas. If you are, you have bigger problems with your program.

Average 0 out of 5