Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Are you lucky or goal orientated?
Septic tank
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:49 PM

You make your own luck in life. Successful people are goal orientated people and those who wish to change their fortune need to make a plan and follow it through, because nobody else will do it for you. Serendipitous moments occur when you start fighting above your weight and achieve. Achievements on any scale build esteem and validate your capacity to succeed. Success breeds success and becomes very addicting when you see positive change. In life there are no failures, there are just opportunities to get less and less wrong as you push towards your goals. People ultimately become a reflection of what they will and will not tolerate. If you want to become, you must first discover that which you wish to be and accept nothing less. Life can be a meandering journey that controls you, or it can be a pathway to your dreams if you dare.
Chief
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:11 PM

"People ultimately become a reflection ..."

Whoa, sorry, lost my place there. Someone opened the control room door and blew out the candles and incense. OK, got 'em lit again, carry on ... ommmmmmm ommmmmmm  

yachtone
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 3:04 PM

SimonGB , Septic Tank is ready to fly on his own now but Chief is sounding a bit revisionist, better give him a refresher course.

Nubian
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 10:40 PM

Absolutely agree.  I always live by the fact that if you know where you are going, you are receptive to what comes your way, and this will guide you.  Whether it is the people you meet, the opportunities that arise or the timely moments, you will recognise these if you are aware and focused on what you want in life.  An example: if you gave the same magazine to 10 children or adults and had them read, glance or flick through it, then ask each of them what they saw, read or learnt from the magazine, you will find that they would have all received different views or read different articles or admired different pictures.  Each person has their own idea of what and how the magazine can fullfil their needs.  If they don't know what they are looking for, the magazine will just be foggy information.

A simple analogy but if you think people choose a certain book to read, to be at a certain place, choose to speak to a particular person in a crowd, it's because they have an idea of what they want to accomplish out of the experience.  If we go about life letting life direct us without our own direction, then we will watch the years fly by and wonder where your life has gone.  50 years to one person can be the longest 50 years if they are waiting for something to happen in their life.  But for someone who knows where they are going, those years may be quick but they will be fullfiled and accomplishing years.

Cheers Sharon

junior
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 9:45 AM

If you're goal oriented your destination becomes a passion. I'm confident that you can only realize your passion and fetch the destination with good luck. Each of us creates our own sphere of good luck thru education and proper etiquette. Skip any of these requisites and life becomes a hard slog.
Salvador
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:48 AM

I've been goal orientated, it's how I get things done. Totally agree with the fullfilment it brings to your life. Latelly ( or lattely, not shure...) was having doubts about last choices, wich are other ballgame, Choices in life, but got other reponse. I bellieve if you go thru your plan, to achieve your goals, things will come. Guess what: Next to me it's a 112' MY, so for the Capt to be allowed to go on vacations he asked me to take "care of his baby" wile he's away!!!! I'm kind of flowting right now!! So yes, life is great, plan your path, work thru your goals, and things will come! Thank you Karma Fair Seas to all

Average 0 out of 5