Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Stewardess
JAWs
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:02 PM

A good friend of mine is thinking of stewardessing on a luxury yacht, I am also preparing to enter the industry myself, in my case i have attained an STCW95 and RYA powerboat lvl2, would my friend (Jade) also need to do an stcw to be a stewardess or can she get a job as she is? Hope sombody can help..
siria
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:32 PM

as long as I know STCW95 is mandatory only on commercial vessels over 80ft, but most of the private ones ask for it and no longer hire crew without it these days. you should also both get an ENG1 as most of the bigger boats ask for this too. good luck!!!
JAWs
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:27 PM

OK BRILLIANT, THANKS FOR THE INFO!
Henning
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 12:45 AM

siria wrote:
as long as I know STCW95 is mandatory only on commercial vessels over 80ft, but most of the private ones ask for it and no longer hire crew without it these days. you should also both get an ENG1 as most of the bigger boats ask for this too. good luck!!!

IIRC it's "...& Passenger Vessels of any size", so ostensibly that could be read any boat that does charter work.
Regardless, as you say, it's industry standard now to have it.

Average 0 out of 5