Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Provisioning in the Exumas
victoriaallman
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:30 PM

Does anyone have a good idea for flying vegetables into the Exumas?  From where?  With who?
Thanks!

Frantastic
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 8:57 PM

I have do it many ways! the best and legal way is to apply for a produce permit from customs. It takes a bit of time and you will have to pay duty. Or you can place an order with Goodfellows and they will fly it in for you. Good luck and safe seas Fran
Nancy Smyth
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 11:50 PM

Hello Victoria,

As you are aware I, Nancy Smyth, have been doing charters for years in the Bahamas including the Exumas.  My suggestion is to contact Simply Gourmet in Nassau.  They can organize anything and make it happen.  After you give them your provisioning list they will probably put it on a plane to Staniel Cay.  Also there are 2 grocery stores in Staniel and if you let them know, I would say a week a head of time, am sure they will work with you.  GOOD LUCK.  If you need any additional info please do not hesitate to contact me either via e-mail at nsmyth@earthlink.net or cell: 954-232-1132

junior
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:57 AM

Or you could give Heron Air a ring. I use em' all the time . Cheap, reliable , service all anchorages and most importantly they are able to fly thru customs and under volcanic dust clouds. http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1796/jetbird.jpg

Average 0 out of 5