Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Fort Lauderdale Dentist
Crew4Crew
Posted: Friday, June 4, 2010 8:28 PM

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap dentist in Fort Lauderdale for non Americans - ie no insurance? Just for general check ups, cleaning etc.
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, June 5, 2010 6:06 PM
I recently went to the dentist in the same complex as crew4crew. He is between the Village Well and Holland Nursery. I am sorry I cannot remember his name but he was great and reasonably priced. $120 for cleaning and x-rays. I literally walked in and was able to get in immediately. I have had 2 friends go there as well. Both gave great feed back.
Rivers
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 6:08 PM

i'm a fort lauderdale native, and i go to Dr. McCawley. He's good and his office is on Los Olas. 1625 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale 954-463-5051 i'm an american w/o insurance. I think a cleaning might be around $80 usd, but call first to confirm.
dunnette
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 8:00 PM

Dr Keith Moore. He is very affordable (HALF the price of a previous dentist I used. I have recommended him to many and everyone has been very happy and continues to use him. He has been called in on both a Memorial Day weekend and a Labor day for two different friends in dyer need of care and he hasnt charged anything more. Located at the side of Federal tunnel..901 Federal? 3rd floor.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 8:04 PM
Dr Nadja Horst Urban Dentistry 104 Southeast 1st Street Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 (954) 525-5662 She is great and gentle and reasonably priced. If you need a doctor check out Marine Doc Dr. Jason Shapiro 1425 S. Andrews Ave., Suite 200 Ft Lauderdale O: 954.760.4370 Great doctor, see him at his office or he makes yacht calls too!
Lori
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 8:56 PM

Get on the internet and google dental schools in the area.  They are students in dental programs that are in clinical.  They have much more affordable pricing and since all you're looking for is the basics . . . . cleaning/checkups, etc., it'll be much more affordable.  I know this because my son is in his final year of dental school . . . . my husband and I frequent his clinic at Boston University and I can tell you first hand that they are vigilantly supervised by seasoned dentists/surgeons.

Todd Kaufman
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:27 PM

Yes, see Dr. Blanco who is just up in Pampano (north end of Ft. Lauderdale)  Great guy. 
50 NE 26th Ave
954 946 6652

Henning
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 2:52 AM

Lori wrote:

Get on the internet and google dental schools in the area.  They are students in dental programs that are in clinical.  They have much more affordable pricing and since all you're looking for is the basics . . . . cleaning/checkups, etc., it'll be much more affordable.  I know this because my son is in his final year of dental school . . . . my husband and I frequent his clinic at Boston University and I can tell you first hand that they are vigilantly supervised by seasoned dentists/surgeons.

Nova Southeastern has, I think, the only dental school in the area and it's really tough to get into their program. They don't (or didn't) have a clinic as most dental schools have. I used to use UCLAs clinic at Harbor Hospital when I lived in LA, that was a great deal, $40 per visit for whatever you needed including prescription drugs on the way out.

Anita Warwick
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:50 PM

Even with dental insurance there is an annual cap on dental work - generally $1,000 or $1,500 - that's not a lot when you consider a planing and scaling or root canal may cost that much in the USA.

One way to get deals on dental work is to join a Dental Network  (nationwide in USA) for an annual membership fee (about $100 an individual, $150 for a family). You can then get deeply discounted work done  (the rates are published online.)   They are well worth it if you need to have some work done. Some offer free cleanings.

You can check for dentists by name or zipcode, see their rates and sign up online.  I find them to sometimes be better value than dental insurance.     DISCOUNT DENTAL PLANS

SEVEN SEAS HEALTH

Average 0 out of 5