Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
What about the Brazilian Crew?
Tiago Balsini
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 11:19 PM

Always the visa is a problem for Brazilian Crew, i think is more difficult when then go to US or BVI right? For MED and Turkey is fine one Brazilian work onboard a yacht?
Vicky Leal
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:17 PM

hello Tiago. I am brazilian and I`ve been working on boats since 2006 and I `ve never had a problem with visas. I got my B1 to be able to enter in the us, i traveled around the caribbean and the the only island that i paid for a working visa was grenada...but only that: u pay and that`s it! In the med it is ok also...
Tiago Balsini
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 5:54 PM

Thank you Vicky, I am in Athens right now and I got contract with one SY superyacht here and I enter by Paris, France and no visa problems. Thank you for your response. Cheers!
otunac
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 6:34 PM

oh my god i am so happy I found you two.

i am brazilian and i have been in london for 6 years. looking for into a career as a stewardess on a yacht. i have hospitality experience and work hard. sure i will great the job but my worry as always is the visa thing.

the only passport i hold is the lovely brazilian one.

did you guys had problems when looking dor a job for not ahaving a eu passport for example?

do i need to get a schengen visa? please give some info as i am unsure if i should do my STCW95 without knowing if i would be ruled out for not having the right color of passport.

cheers! valeu!

Average 0 out of 5