Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
V Sat magic & snail mail smiles
Antipodean
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:35 PM

If you want to put a smile on your parents and grandparents face while your away working on yachts grab a pen and write a letter. No spell check, no redoing, no cut and paste just write what comes to mind and send it off. Getting mail used to be my favourite thing because staying in touch was very difficult and only those that truly loved you (or wanted you to pay a bill) took the effort to communicate with you.
junior
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:01 PM

Post cards !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom uses those little magnets to stick them on the refer door to show her friends.....................
SBC
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 8:32 PM

Blimey! You are so right. Remember trying to find the local post office, often just a shed somewhere amongst the palms, and then rummaging through the mountain of un-claimed letters for that "poste restante" one for you. Magic! However, I must admit that I also enjoyed, on a recent Atlantic crossing, to whip out my iPhone on night watch, log on, and then chat to my wife on Skype. All for free! Times changes, I guess. Happy sailing, all.

Average 0 out of 5