Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
New Scam?
Crew Confessor
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:45 PM

Anonymous
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 10:01 PM
A friend of mine needs some help, he has received this offer from a captain in Canada who has contacted him through findcrew.net. The following is one of the first emails he has received...

'I'm glad to hear back from you,We are offering a Chef/cook/stewardess/and many more position for the 2010 summer charter season. This is a well-paid, outstanding adventure and great opportunity to experience Southeast Alaska's Wilderness Inside Passage. Excellent health and positive people skills are a must! Outdoor interests and a tolerance of spectacular scenery and wildlife encounters helpful but not required. Email us if you are interested.To foundout more about the boat view my boat profile on Find a Crew (ID: 54730) also let me know through email which of the positions you may fit in. Hence, you will be paid $600 per week, also our travel agency will be the one to handle your B1/B2 Visa and every other neccessary documents to get you on board. Email me more about yourself and your past experience, after which i will then connect you with the agency.'

The next email he was offered the job without speaking to him over the phone yet,
' The position of a deckhand you requested for will be grant to you, and you will be required to work for at least 5hours per day on board, plus you will be given some commissions'

he then had to contact the travel agent who was going to sort out his flights and visa. BUT my friend is required to pay for half of the fee which is $750 via western union.

He is convinced the deal is legitimate because he has spoken to the captain over the phone now and he has sent a passport copy over email to him.

I am adamant this is a scam, has anyone had any experience with this particular scam? or any thoughts on legitimacy

Henning
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:47 AM

Scam, and report it to Find a Crew so they pull the guy.

Average 0 out of 5