Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Members Abusing the Site to Advertise
Crew Confessor
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:26 PM

Ripped off again
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:12 PM

I am curious to know if this is a forum site or a place to showcase your products and services. Allowing people to write a spiel about their company is lost revenue and a slap in the face, for the companies making legitimate marketing investments. I've paid to advertise on DOCKWALK in the past and will do so in the future. I don't take a shine to companies use this as a marketing platform.
Henning
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:14 AM

Ripped off again wrote:
I am curious to know if this is a forum site or a place to showcase your products and services. Allowing people to write a spiel about their company is lost revenue and a slap in the face, for the companies making legitimate marketing investments. I've paid to advertise on DOCKWALK in the past and will do so in the future. I don't take a shine to companies use this as a marketing platform.

Fair enough question, but why put it in Crew Confessor?

Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:18 PM
When you’re looking for work crew agents are lethargic to assist. It annoys the hell out of me when I am spammed by crew agents looking for fresh resumes. Crew agents have a horrible habit of sending out job listings and offers that are not in sync with people’s career objectives. I’ve been misguided more than once by a crew agent and feel it is inappropriate for professional crew agents to dangle carrots and offer greener pastures to working crew. If I want a new job I’ll contact them or network my way into something better.
Pascal
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:23 PM

i agree...

blogs entries should not be used for advertising, whether products and services or job wanted ads.  same with forums, but it's even more out of places in blogs.

SHINEYACHTS
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:54 PM

Hello Everyone,

The SHINEYACHTS Team would like to apologize if we have aggrvated any of its members. All we intended to do was let everyone know about our expansion to Florida so captains and crew could have all the information they needed to take care of their yachts to the best of their ability. We are currently contacting the appropriate people at Dockwalk magazine for a full page advertisement about out treatment. Again, we apologize and want to let everyone know we never intended to use the Dockwalk online blog for free advertisement.

Kindest Regards,

The SHINEYACHTS Team

Average 0 out of 5