Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Nassau crime alert
bahamasyacht
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2009 3:17 AM

please be mindful of your surroundings. stabbing at club aura, two sets of cruise ship groups held at gun point/robbed, yesterday a tourist was knocked down and tussle ensued over a purse, a pickpocket attempt on bay st. tourists robbed at queens stair case, see full particulars and updates at: http://yachting.forumotion.net/your-first-forum-f1/
aeronautic1
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:16 PM

Once Obama opens up Cuba, the Bahamas will be toast!!
flht96
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:01 PM

Lyford Cay: Vessels boarded and items stolen while crew sleeps. Armed road robberies in the Lyford cay area.
Janine
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:46 PM

Dockwalk received this information in an email from a concerned Dockwalk.com member:

Yacht Crew Provisioning in Nassau are easy targets for armed robbery in parking lots - please alert your Crew to what is happening.  Also, be aware that they will shoot you!  If you are in this situation, let the money go. It’s not worth your life!  Nassau's crime problem is unpublicized, but very real.

BEWARE!

Man held up in HBay parking lot at gunpoint around 11:05 yesterday morning (Monday, February 22).

Around 11 a.m. the same day, a woman was held up and robbed in the parking lot of the Marathon Mall. She was accosted by a man, who was allegedly armed with a handgun.

Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2010 6:37 PM
In April of this year I was attacked by two separate groups of 3 youths!  in one day  in broad daylight near the yacht club marina,Nassau.
  I was on my own walking back from town  when three Black youths  approached  they split   2 and 1  and the one made a grab at me.(I had a knife in a pouch that looked like a money belt). luckily I spun round  and shouted for help,, two black security officers were sat outside "starbucks"  and they refused to help or call the cops..

Later  while picking up a pizza, three young black  guys asked me for money  when I refused  they threw rocks,, one hitting me hard in the leg,  I gave chase  but they ducked down the side streets.
I reported the first instance to the marina  and the security firm were interviewed,,  we left..  never to return..

Trinidad  is also becoming a security issue for boats and crew..where it used to be a favorite..

Average 0 out of 5