Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Scooter Registration & Use, Foreign Ports
Veronica
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:12 PM

Here is the situation: BVI registered private yacht travels around Caribbean, mostly based in St. Thomas. Will be purchasing 2 scooters in Florida that will be kept onboard. What are the requirements to operate the scooters for a short term (a few days) in different places (USVI, BVI, St. Martin, Bahamas). Is there a registration or permit recognized by all? or do we have to deal with each country's respective authorities independently? Thank you!
MatrixLloyd.com
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:02 PM

Not that I'm aware of. You'd better check with your local agent(s) for each port.
yachtone
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:40 PM

If you have a valid Number plate for the US or other large country & insurance cover you are unlikely to have any serious problems.

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2012 2:48 AM
I was just wondering if any further information had been obtained regarding this situation. We are considering doing a similar thing with our boat, taking a scooter from the US to other foreign ports. I saw the last post saying that as long as its legal in the States then it should be fine in other places but if anyone else could add on further that would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much.
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2012 8:18 AM

Waste of time. Yacht can rent scooters/day for same price as a round of drinks. No onboard storage, no registration/insurance fees, maintenance, etc, etc. rental agencies even provide crash helmets.

Average 5 out of 5