Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
weird?! New $95 million boat that looks like a killer whale
GemmaFreeman
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 3:43 PM

This is mad! Just spotted this sci-fi-like superyacht on CNN - that looks like a huge white whale. The debut design from US company Schopfer, the 76meter 'Oculus' has been causing a huge stir on twitter and the blogs in the last 12 hours.

Whether it gets the funding to be built maybe dubious, but, the ideas of E. Kevin Schöpfer (company founder) are causing a storm online. But what do you think of the vessel? Would you ever work on such a beast? (No pun intended).

Check out the full spec and images here: www.schopferyachts.com

Janine
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 4:30 PM

Oculus is not the only design. He also created another design called Infinitas, a 91-meter yacht with a $140 million price tag!

M/Y Oculus

M/Y Infinitas

An Owner
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 5:49 PM

Complicated design? Take a model of Predator. Stick it in a microwave oven for 15 minutes and presto!

I bet it will have some fans though. Namely, the owners of "A", "Predator", and "Asean Lady. It's the only way they'll be pushed down the list of ghastliest creations known to man.

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 5:49 PM
Best to just get an Ulstien X bow supply vessel and put a Feadship in the back http://www.ulsteingroup.com/kunder/ulstein/cms66.nsf/pages/shipdesign.htm?open&qnfl=flash#shipdesign/p-series/p-series.itm
yachtone
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2009 1:40 PM

This is not a yacht, it is a drawing designed to create publicity for the designer & it seems to be working.

Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2009 3:20 PM
I think it looks like a hand-held vacuum cleaner!
Jonathan
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2009 6:20 PM

An exciting activity only lasts as long as it's lacking redundancy. Henceforth, to what extent is building the largest yacht an exhilarating competition? Economics have turned from having the most desired vessel(s) outside your establishment to shallower drafts and a lack of dockage; resulting in a larger box of which to be thought outside. I like these new innovations, and I'm interested to see if present day fads become tomorrow's trends.

Average 0 out of 5