Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Japanese Passport for working in Med
MINA
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:30 PM

Hi, I am a Japanese with Japanese passport and have permanent residence in UK which allow me to work in UK without no restriction at all. As Japan does not accept dual-citizenship, I can not hold British passport unless I want to give up my Japanese nationality. Can I still seek for work as a stewardess on yacht , for example, in Antibes...? Can I still work on MCA registered yacht?? As Japanese, I don't need to get any VISA to enter any of EU countries because of VISA waver system, but usually it doesn't allow me to work freely... I am desperate to work on yacht and can not find any information for Japanese passports... Thank you
sencho
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 12:08 AM

Dear Mina,

We are a company working with the Japanese and Western Yacht industries, and we know Japanese nationals working in the Med aboard yachts.

Send us an email via info@superyachtlogistics.com and I will put you in contact with them.

Our web address is www.superyachtlogistics.com

Please contact us as we often need Japanese native speakers for temporary assignments on yachts.

Best regards
Nigel, Yokohama

MINA
Posted: Saturday, June 6, 2009 6:19 PM

Dear Nigel Sorry for delay of reply and thank you for your details. I'll do contact your company by email. Thanks again, at the moment it will be so appreciated to have any chances and contacts I can have for my job search. Regards, Mina

Average 0 out of 5