Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Hm. I hear (read) that there are some yacht owners who check out this forum ...
cecilia
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 12:05 AM

Well Now.

Just a quick questy, (that's mine, I made it up ), any production agents reading these forums? Anyone? 

Perhaps someone from southern Califor-NIA.........perhaps someone who doesn't need the Hollywood Agent Directory/Creative Directory?  Paramount? Lion Films perhaps?

I made a script treatment that isn't too lengthy, that I (of course) believe is gushingly original and thematic at the same time. Not to sound too arrogant and sure, but I'm concerned that as soon as I lend the idea to friends in this industry, someone will snatch the idea for future ref.  That or never being able to land this idea on solid ground.

A year ago, I sent a query to Lion Films, but apparently they do not accept 'solicitations'. 

If anyone out there is interested in discussing this, I would very much appreciate your time and advice.

Mike French
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 1:09 PM

Kevin Spacey has a website that allows one to upload scripts etc. May be worth a look. Please let me know if it is good as I have this idea for taking either a really unoriginal superhero concept or an old movie and making a summer blockbuster. Mike
BjornDB
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2009 10:15 AM

Hi Cecilia! Maybe a friend of mine can help you out... She's a Hollywood producer and has a lot of contacts. Send me a PM on mail at bjorndeboeck dot com and i will get you in touch with her.

cecilia
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 2:19 AM

get out of here, really? i'll email you sun or monday. busy moving boat.

thanks a bunch.

stevenpete
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:25 AM

I've had friends that tried for years to get their scripts seen by Hollywood with no success—even though they were quite successful in their other writings. Its very difficult to get seen if you've never been seen before. I believe the best opportunity for script writers, as well as up-and-coming directors, actors, etc. are programs like those offered by the Sundance Film Institiute where young film makers are given training, money, etc. in making their dreams come true. I've known several people who work for the institute, have gone through the program or have made films and even shown them at Sundance or other Film Festivals.

http://www.sundance.org/

Also, another good idea is to make a "short" and get it in several fim festivals. This is what Rober Rodriguez did with his first Shorts featuring his children and filmed in their back yard... and look at him now.

Average 0 out of 5