Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Tender Maintenance
Collo
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:57 PM

Does anyone know tips products to help restore the paint on the bottom of a tender and stop growth as well.

I have been having a problem with growth and discoloration on the hull of my yachts main tender! I am oftern unable to remove it from the water for long periods of time, which obviously causes some problems.

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:51 PM

I assume you are talking about a RIB tender that you don't want to anti foul.  Always a tricky problem.
   Couple years ago, while I was out of the water,   some wise guy know it all type stopped by as I was getting ready to anti foul the little tiny paddle wheel that powers the boat speed instrument.
    Well this guy pulled a spray can of McLube teflon spray out and said try this.  I did and I am impressed.  Nearly a full season and not one bit of growth can stick to the wheel.  You might grab a can of teflon spray, clean the bottom of the tender and then spray your name on the bottom, put her in for a week or so and see what she looks like.  Might work on the whole bottom.

Collo
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 3:04 PM

New Problem!

My boat tows a Dual-Engine intrepid, the poor things has done thousands of miles with us. The major issue i havewhile towing is preventing the engines from laying over to one side while under way. I have tried tying the steering wheel and stapping down the engines but they still lay over if the weather is not so kind!

The Cowlings and Hydrolics are really taking a beating. Any tips or methods that you use to keep these things sitting tight while under tow would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

junior
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 9:34 AM

Gee..that's easy...just buy some stabilizer clips.... cheap as chips ....http://www.detwilerjackplates.com/stabilizer_clips.htm Does the yacht have an engineer ?????? Good engineers are expensive.

Average 0 out of 5