Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Hard Times on the Hard
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 6:36

I heard through the grapevine this story about a 60-meter motor yacht that’s on the hard right now in the Med. They haven’t been paid since the New Year and its not looking likely they will be anytime soon. They were living in a crew house but the captain made them move onto the boat because they can’t afford that anymore either and the crew car is gone too! Plus, I just heard the owner somehow talked the yard into keeping electricity on the boat for another week. So now they’re living on the boat while it’s on the hard and not being paid ahow is that even legal!?

Is this going on on other boats? Should I be worried?

Anonymous
Dont know all the laws but in the shipyard I use it is not permited to live onboard while on the hard.  Only watchkeeping allowed.  This could be a local rule . What shipyard are we talking about.
Anonymous
and should you be worried ?   Well, read the newspapers.  It would be a good thing to worry.  In the marina that I am berthed 50 percent of the yachts are asleep.  Only time will tell if they awaken for the summer Med. season ..
Anonymous

anyone else in a similar situation?

Average 0 out of 5