Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Nautical Beer
captainblaise
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 8:46 PM

I first learned of Clipper City Brewery when I was sailing out of Annapolis, MD. I was captain of 2, 80' foot schooners there that did day sails and corporate charters.

On board we served the typical, Bud, Budlight etc, but we also carried a handful of these glorious microbrews from a local brewing company. They were called Clipper City Brewery.

Now these beers were hearty, and quite possibly some of the best beer I have ever had. Big and hopping with rich aroma they were a delight to the taste buds and brain alike.

The truly neat thing about them however, was their nautical theme.  Like the flagship beer entitled, Small Craft Warning.

And others to include:
Red Sky at Night
Heavy Seas
Peg Leg Stout
Holy Sheet
And of course the super strong "Below Decks" with ABV of over 10% per bottle. I can attest that below decks, is just where you end up after a pack of those!

To go with their great nautical names, Clipper City Brewery also went above and beyond on their designs. Each bottle of beer is a work of art in and of itself.

Although the beer is hard to find outside of Maryland, if you are nearby, go to the Clipper City Brewhouse and take a tour. Its a buzzing good time!

You can visit their website at: http://www.ccbeer.com/

To View My other blogs go to:
http://www.yachtcircle.com//blog/myblogs.php?profileid=7

Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:25 PM
In south florida I came across an empty beer bottle with a blue label..   "BBB  boat building beer ".   Dont know its origin.

Average 0 out of 5