Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
DVZ oily water separator problems
Erik
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 7:13 AM

We have a DVZ oily water separator which runs for around ten minutes, then the worm drive stops turning and it shuts down;  pretty sure it isnt running dry, and hasnt been sitting unused either, and it all turns fine by hand.  Any ideas?

yottekgordon
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 8:32 PM

Hi Erik,

Speaking from experience and as the DVZ pump draws bilge liquid through the separator, I can only conclude that you either have a blockage of some kind on the suction side before the OWS or a blockage in the filter material within the separator itself. The expanation you gave of your symptoms definitely points to some kind of flow restriction through the Oily Water Separator. 

Yottekgordon

Erik
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:32 AM

Nice, I think you're right, just stripped it and there is a restriction...  thanks!

yottekgordon
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:44 PM

Hi Erik,

You are more than welcome. I'm glad I could be of assistance.

Gordon - www.yottek.com

Average 0 out of 5