Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Cock-ups
fishtigua
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:14 PM

So you thought you had cocked-up?

The little thing like dropping a tray was a baddie? No, try dropping a tray of 12 champange flutes on the aft deck while stern-to at the swimming-pool in Monte-Carlo for the Grande Prix with 200 papparazi snapping away, on your first day in the job.

The stupid swish/swish Star Trek doors didn't work and I walked, with utter confidence, at them while the Honda F1 guys were sitting there. Crunch, Spatt, tinckle and a bit more tinckle followed by a lot of DustBuster noise was my internal sound track for a long while.

That was the easy one, the next my mates still rub-in to this day 20 years on.

The Owner's sister-in-law (the Consul of Austria to Hong Kong and China) came into the galley to say thank you to the girls for looking after her so well. I think we were in Samoa or Fiji or somesuch. I was sitting on the counter-top above the dishwashers when she leaned forward, so in a friendly way I kissed her on the cheek.

I didn't know she was looking for the chuffing tender out of the window. Yes, the girls cracked up. A bit rosie in the cheeks was I.

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 10:59 AM
brilliant!

Average 0 out of 5