Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Boji vs Wetspot
Pascal
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:30 PM

trying to decide between water softeners... tired of water stains!

i've tried a friend's Wetspot which seems to eliminate most water stains but I can get a better price on a High capacity Boji...  does the Boji work as well as the Wetspot?

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 11:22 PM

To be 100% honest I have never used either of the products you mentioned. However the system I currently use is an "Octomarine" water softener, this you can adjust depending on the water you are taking on. It works perfectly well and in my opinion (for what it's worth!) all these systems are much the same, go for the one that looks smartest on the dock!

You are never going to get rid of water spots completely so keep buying the vinegar and don't hang up your chamois just yet !! Good luck and safe sailing.

LarryL@BeardMarine
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2008 1:00 PM

Dear Pascal, while there is no way to insure a "spot-free" rinse with a softener, the Octomarine Compact is probably the best out there. I say that not only because we are the distributor for the United States, but we became distrobutors because we believe in the technology and the ease of ownership. The optimum installation is to plumb it into the vessels fresh water system, thus providing ALL water on the boat to be treated. The advantage to this is not only wash-down, but interior cleaning, the water heater elements, ice makers, laundry, etc. For more info please contact me at larryl@beardmarine.com.

Average 0 out of 5