Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Quals Needed and Walking the Docks
faybion
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 9:45 PM

Hi

I have been sailing for 3 years on charter yachts mainly only upto 50ft and have been working as a Hostess and First Mate for 2 Seasons with Sunsail. I currently have my Power boat Level 2, RYA Day Skipper and im a qualified Massage Therapist, and am taking my STCW95 and RYA Yachtmaster in Feb 09. I am looking to be a Deckhand/ Stew/ Therapist for the 2009 Summer season. Is it best to fly out to Nice and Palma and walk around handing out CV's for this kind of work and will i get a job with the Qualifications i will have in Feb... and when is the best time to fly out there?

Many Thanks, Faye

eirol
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 1:30 PM

Normally people start looking for jobs here in med around March cause some boats, especially charter boats, start their season by the end of April

faybion
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2008 1:57 AM

Thak you very much!

Average 0 out of 5