Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
maintenance management software
Jumpandfly
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:00 PM

I just started my first engineering job on an azimut 116' so I'm very wet behind the ears.  I'm looking for any advice anyone can give on good yacht maintenance management software.  Preferably for Mac but if it has to be PC than so be it.

yottekgordon
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 4:40 PM

From yottekgordon - gordon@yottek.com

The cheapest way, and if you have plenty of time available, to start a yacht maintenance management is to go to the maintenance section in every manufacturers manual onboard, note the maintenance schedules and build up your own preventative maintenance plan.

If you haven't the time to do the above, there are a number of companies offering tailor made computerized maintenance management software where a company representative will visit your yacht, take a note of all your equipment and produce a maintenance management system tailor made for your yacht.

Two of best in the business are:-

American Yacht Management - www.americanyachtmaintenance.com/boat-yacht-management/

Computerized Maintenance Management Software - www.pemms.co.uk

The cost of the system will depend on how much work the company has to do to produce your tailor made maintenance management system. 

Good Luck and Safe Seas, Gordon. 

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:43 PM
yottekgordon wrote:

From yottekgordon - gordon@yottek.com

The cheapest way, and if you have plenty of time available, to start a yacht maintenance management is to go to the maintenance section in every manufacturers manual onboard, note the maintenance schedules and build up your own preventative maintenance plan.

If you haven't the time to do the above, there are a number of companies offering tailor made computerized maintenance management software where a company representative will visit your yacht, take a note of all your equipment and produce a maintenance management system tailor made for your yacht.

Two of best in the business are:-

American Yacht Management - www.americanyachtmaintenance.com/boat-yacht-management/

Computerized Maintenance Management Software - www.pemms.co.uk

The cost of the system will depend on how much work the company has to do to produce your tailor made maintenance management system. 

Good Luck and Safe Seas, Gordon. 

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:42 PM
I would recommend Superyacht Support inc.  Their Website is www.superyachtsupport.com and their phone number is +1 954 661 3749.  The contact there is John Vergo.  I have spoken to a number of yachts who have used their system of planned maintenance who swear by it. 

Mike French
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:45 PM

I would firmly recommend Superyacht Support.  They offer a planned maintenance system that a number of yachts have used and swear by. 

Their website is www.superyachtsupport.com and their telephone number is +1 954 661 3749. 

All the best.

Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:35 AM
Also have a look at www.yachtlink.net
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:26 PM

There is a good listing and comparison of this kind of software on this blog:

http://www.expeditionyacht.org/?p=476.

From what I've seen the most used on yachts is the German product called Idea Vio.

Average 0 out of 5