Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Facebook integration
Nick
Posted: Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:23 PM

Hi everyone

This week we went live with our Facebook integration which allows you to link your DOCKWALK.com account to your Facebook account.

There are all sorts of benefits - logging in to the site becomes much simpler, you can invite your Facebook friends to join DOCKWALK.com, and things you do on the site will appear on your Facebook Wall and News Feed.

For more information about how it works and what to do see our hot topic: http://www.dockwalk.com/Essentials/HotTopics.aspx?id=19442

It's still early days for this technology and we're one of the first sites to integrate with Facebook in this way. We've done lots of testing ourselves but we're really keen to know how you get on, and what you think of this new feature. So let us know!

Thanks

Nick

Capt.Eddie
Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:01 PM

Nick,

I want to use messaging and the rest of features on dockwalk site and I dont wanna use facebook ! ! ! 

Way dockwalk forcing members to use facebook if they want to use just old features/functionality witch ware avaible to them before dockwalk-facebook integration?

PS: any news about my iPhone . . .  still waiting    . . .

Capt. Eddie

Nick
Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:14 PM

Hi Capt. Eddie

Thanks for your post and I completely understand. Actually the two issues are not connected. Unfortunately we've had to deal with a rogue member who was sending inappropriate messages through the site. We had a number of complaints, so we've regrettably suspended the message service temporarily

We'll get it back on-line as soon as we can. All your messages are still on the system so if you can bear with us on this one. I am going to send a message to all members to explain this. Sorry for the inconvenience and I will keep you posted.

On the subject of Facebook, we know that a lot of crew do use it so wanted to integrate with it, but we will continue to develop the networking features on DOCKWALK.com, so hopefully that will put your mind at rest.

Finally, on your iPhone my apologies for the delay - I have a solution and will send you an email.

Thanks

Nick

Nick
Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:21 PM

Hi Capt. Eddie

Just to let you know that we are planning to bring the messaging service back on-line tomorrow. We have made a change so that you will only be able to send messages to members who you are friends with on the site. This should prevent unsolicited and inappropriate emails such as the one that you and a number of other members received earlier this week.

It is regretable that we have had to do this, but this change will still allow members to communicate with each other on the site.

Do let me know if you have any thoughts about this.

Thanks

Nick
Capt.Eddie
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:56 PM

Hi Nick,

Perfect. Can't wait.

All best

Capt. Eddie

Nick
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:09 PM

Hi Capt. Eddie

The message service is now back online. As mentioned, we have changed the system - you can now send messages to your friends on the site either through your Messages page or on their My Dockwalk page. If you want to send someone a message they will have to accept a friend request from you first.

Let me know if you have any feedback.

Thanks

Nick

Average 5 out of 5