Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Teak stains on white vinyl cushions?
CPH
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2008 11:24 AM

Anyone know a remedy?
Carey
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2008 5:18 PM

Try Magic erasers. Their amazing
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 3:11 PM
Try tire white cleaner comes in spray bottel auto store.
Shelah
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:48 PM

I am not sure that magic erasers would work as the could scratch the vinyl unless you used them when they where wet.

If the vinyl is white (not painted), I would recommend using an ear bud with acetone on a small part and see if that works.

With either option you will need to polish it a bit afterwards.

Good luck!

dieseldoc
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 2:27 AM

Ditto on the tire white. Just be fast with a hose or it will yellow.

Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:53 AM
Magic Erasers work !!!!Just be gentle!!Acetone cracks the vinyl over time ...
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 3:02 AM

I agree, Magic erasers would probably work best and are not too abrasive. Oxyclean or a concentrate detergent used mildly with Magic eraser maybe the most dexterous method without comprimising material finish. After drying coat vinyl with aerospace UV protectant.

Regards & good luck,

-Capt. Paul

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:42 PM
There is an amazing product by 3M called citrus cleaner and degreaser in spray canister form, works a treat on hundreds of marks, especially good on vinyl. You can always condition/wax the material after.

Average 0 out of 5