Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
"U.S CREW HEALTH INSURANCE IMPROVES"
Anita Warwick
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 3:17 PM

Mark, perhaps you could address the questions posed to you in the Forum - Dockwalk magazine, August 2008 issue - Undercurrents - regarding the 'admitted' health plans from HTH Worldwide.  (page 20 of the magazine)

eky3
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2008 4:01 PM

hey anita how do you become someones friend on this site? i cant seem to find the find your friends section   jack.

Anonymous
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2008 4:59 PM
To add someone as a friend, go to their profile. At the bottom of their info there will be a button that says add as friend. Simply click and they will recieve a message and can then accept you.
Mike MacNeal
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 2:02 PM

Anita - I am new to dockwalk so a little late on reply to your post.  I have worked with HTH on many occasions and they have very good health insurance options available.  HTH actually just came out with a product designed specifically for crew and captains.  It is called the Global Navigator (http://www.hthtravelinsurance.com/prdCobrand/index.cfm?header=y&personalized=y). 

The Global Citizen plan has better coverage limits but is a little more expensive.  Hope this helps.

Anita Warwick
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:50 PM

Yes, GLOBAL NAVIGATOR  is a very good product popular with crew now. There are no time limits in or out of USA which takes the worry out of a boat changing itinerary (who knows where they're going to be, it's not a cruise ship!)

It is less expensive than GLOBAL CITIZEN (also no time limits anywhere.)   I recommend NAVIGATOR to Aussies, Brits etc. people who may one day return to their country with socialized healthcare.  US citizens must consider that they would have to switch back to a domestic plan when no longer yachting and living in USA full time again - and that could be a problem if health condition has manifested itself (a "pre-exsiting condtion")     It's possible that the conditon may not be covered or worse, health insurance be denied all together!   GLOBAL CITIZEN can be kept upon returning to home country, whatever that country is.

HTH WORDWIDE's plan are 'regulated' and 'admitted' by state insurers and so recognized as 'creditable cover' if applying for other insurance.  Many of the other plans (surplus lines) are not.

I have a chart showing the differences beween these two fine HTH plans if anyone would like it.

Because 'admitted' health plans must adhere to insurance departments' mandates they offer stronger benefits with less penalites and exclusions (the fine print!)

haleyd79
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:40 PM

Anita Warwick wrote:

I have a chart showing the differences beween these two fine HTH plans if anyone would like it.

Because 'admitted' health plans must adhere to insurance departments' mandates they offer stronger benefits with less penalites and exclusions (the fine print!)

Anita, I would like to see the chart if you don't mind!

thanks,

Haley

Lori
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:45 PM

Anita:

I would like to see the information you have, as well !!!  Thanks so much!

Average 3.5 out of 5