Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Caulking/silicone help
dieseldoc
Posted: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:28 AM

Hello all, I have a question. What silicone/caulking can I use that will not retain dirt?

I have been using life caulk, 3M uv sealent, 4200, 5200, 101 etc. I am trying to run a bead around a capstan base and my flybridge dodger. The problem is that they keep attracting dirt and I have to clean it with adhesive remover to make it look new all the time. I have used products in the past that do not get as dirty but cannot find it. Thanks in advance. Chris

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, July 4, 2008 1:14 AM

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear of your caulking/silicone problem. 3M products are mostly designed for indoor use and not for weatherproof  outdoor use. I would suggest contacting Dow Corning, a manufacturer of various industrial sealants, via their website www.dowcorningsealants.com and sending them your enquiry.

I trust that has been of some help to you.

Safe Seas,

Gordon, Yottek International LLC

www.yottek.com 

Jumpandfly
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:03 PM

I have had pretty good luck using lifeseal or lifecaulk, but if thats not working for you and you want an easier way to clean it try using mr. clean magic erasers.  they usually take off most stains from caulk.

Average 0 out of 5